This indicates that there is air in the system or the internal pipes are clogged with lime-scale.
Please check below situations and solutions.
When using an AquaClean/Brita filter
- Remove the filter from the water tank and switch the machine OFF and back ON
- If the message disappears the filter was not well prepared or clogged. Prepare or replace the filter.
The message appears directly after the machine has been switched on
- Switch OFF the machine.
- Remove the water tank and remove any coffee beans located on the bottom of the water tank compartment.
- Check if the steam wand is clogged. Remove scale/dirt of the steam wand with a needle
- Switch the machine back ON and dispense 2-3 cups of hot water.
The message appears during brewing
- Switch the machine OFF.
- Clean and grease the brew group
- For Exprelia/Xelsis only: Turn the SBS knob to the middle and restart the machine
The message appears directly after or during descaling
- Parts of lime-scale are blocking the system. Switch off the machine for one hour. If the message disappears, descale another time the machine as lime-scale is still inside.